YOUR JOURNEY OF DISCOVERY AWAITS
TO KICK OFF THE NEW YEAR 2021:
New Plymouth – The Lights in the Park
When: Leaving Cambridge on Tuesday 19th January 2021
Arriving back in Cambridge on Thursday 21st January 2021
Sorry, this tour is now fully booked
Wednesday 20th January – Between Jan and myself we will organize a day exploring New Plymouth either by bike or walking. This will be a more relax day as we don’t have the traveling included.
Thursday 21st At 9 am to 10 am we are register for the Museum in a Suitcase which is held at Pukekura Park at the Tea House on the Lake.
Price: $220.00 includes all transport & accommodation
Cycle Trip: Tamahere Cycle Way to Cambridge
When: Wednesday 3rd February 2021 9.00am departing Lauriston Park or earlier at a pre-arranged location
About: I will pick you up from Lauriston Park and transport you to a location along the cycle way around the Tamahere area. This location will be organized prior to the day trip. Please register your interest. This is an easy day for some so if you would like to extend your bike ride then please call to discuss your requirements. Most of you will just bike back to Lauriston Park but if you don’t wish to I can pick you up and take you home at any stage.
Price: $10-00 includes Transport of yourself and your bike.
Northland to Cape Reinga
When: Leaving Cambridge on Sunday the 14th February 2021
Arriving home on Sunday 21st February 2021.
Time: Departing at 8.30am.
For those that normally head overseas but haven’t been to the top of New Zealand for a while then this may just be what the doctor ordered.
- Destination Quality Hotel Ocean – Tutukaka – 2 nights. We will travel via Mangawhai Heads then up to Waipu which is off the normal State Highway 1.
- 15th February – Perfect Day Ocean Cruise to the Poor Knights – This is a full day that includes lunch.
- 16th February – Travel to Bay of Islands – 2 nights – on our way we will visit Kawiti Glow Worm Caves. Once we arrive in the Bay of Islands you have the afternoon and the next day free to explore and to choose what you would like to do eg visit Russell, Kerikeri, Waitangi, take a cruise to the Hole in the Rock or the Cream Cruise out visiting the islands or just relax.
- 17th February – Exploring the Bay of Islands
- 18th February – We will travel to Ahipara Bay Motel for 2 nights – lovely beach and views along the 90 Mile Beach. On the way we will visit Austen’s Exotic Garden in Kaitaia.
- 19th February – Today we will be using a local tour company for our trip to Cape Reinga – 8.30am to 5pm a full day and we will be picked up from our Motel in the morning.
- 20th February – Today is a very scenic drive to our destination at Sunset View Lodge at Baylys Beach out from Dargaville. On the way we will travel via Rawene car ferry to Opononi, Kauri Forest and to Kai Iwi Lakes before we arrive at the Lodge for one night.
- 21st February – Our last day we will enjoy the Kauri Museum at Matakohe before we head home to Cambridge.
$1,650.00 per person (twin-share)
Includes all accommodation, cruise to Poor Knights, Tour to Cape Reinga, admission to the Museum, Caves, and all transport costs with driver for the 8 days.
If you would like to have a room of your own then the cost would be a little more. I’ve quoted this price on 8 people including myself. This is a small but personalized tour. Contact us now to secure your spot.
CONTACT Greta on 027 2557 225 or firstname.lastname@example.org to secure your spot.
When: Tues 22rd February 2021
Time: Departing 8.30am from the Cambridge I-Site or pick up from a pre-arranged location before 8.30 am.
Heading to the east coast via the top of Rotorua then to Whakatane. We will have time to stop along the way and to explore Whakatane once we arrive. Lunch on the wharf overlooking the water. Our journey home will be via Tauranga. A nice loop to see some of our beautiful countryside along the way.
Please bring your lunch, or purchase it in Whakatane
$40.00 includes all transport. Contact us now to secure your spot.
CONTACT Greta on 027 2557 225 or email@example.com to secure your spot.
Rail Cart Tour
When: Friday 26th FEBRUARY 2021 – Departing 8 am
About: Arriving in Taumarunui for a departure time for our Rail Cart tour starting at 11 am. This is an unforgettable experience so don’t miss your seat on this tour. We travel 40 km in to the Forgotten World through 10 hand dug tunnels and over 25 bridges. Enjoy a lovely Ploughman’s lunch in Tokirima and stop over at Lauren’s Lavender Farm on our journey. Our Rail Cart journey is 5 and half hours so sit back and relax at the end of the day for your journey home. This is a day tour only with no overnight stay but if you have a group who would enjoy a longer journey with an overnight stay I’m happy to look at that at another date.
Price: $285.00 includes all transport & Rail Cart Tour
Rail Cart Tour
When: Monday 1st March 2021 Departing 9am from the Cambridge i-site or pick up from a pre-arranged location before 9am.
About: Historical Paeroa Maritime Park and a river paddleboat cruise on the Ohinemuri and Waihou rivers, aboard the Tamati.
Trips are tide dependent and depart at a different time each day. The tides will be perfect for a lunch time cruise, so bring your lunch or snacks along and enjoy the history of the area. This is a little gem, home to a very important collection of maritime history relating to the late 19th century when the goldfields of Waihi and Karangahake were being developed and mined.
Afterwards view maritime history and displays of the region including Captain Cook, Northern Steam Ship Company and naval displays at the Historical Maritime Park and Museum, or stroll through the beautiful town of Paeroa.
They have new wharf’s being built, so fingers crossed they are all completed
Price: $60.00 includes all transport, river cruise, museum and morning tea
Hauraki Cycle Trails – Te Aroha to Matamata
When: Wednesday 3rd March 2021 9.00am departing Lauriston Park or earlier at a pre-arranged location
About: I will pick you up from your location and transport you to Te Aroha. This trip is going to start from Te Aroha Cycle trail and head to Matamata so please register your interest. It is the E section in green that we are doing but as you can see there are A,B,C & D so if you wish to extend your cycling day I can always drop you in Paeroa. I’m happy to discuss this option several days before hand. If you feel that section E may be too much for you I will be there as a support vehicle if needed.
Price: $30-00 includes Transport of yourself and your bike.
SOUTH ISLAND TOUR – MARCH TO APRIL 2021
THIS TOUR BELOW IS NOW COMPLETELY FULL – IT DOES GIVE YOU SOME IDEA WHAT WE CAN DO TOGETHER.
When: 08th March –
- 8th & 9th March 2021 – We’ll be staying in Paraparaumu for two nights which will give us the opportunity for a day trip to Kapiti Island. There have been days where it has been too rough for boats to be launched or land on the island so there is no guarantee the trip will go ahead but we are booked for the 9th March.
- 10th March – we need to be at the Ferry by 7am for sailing at 8am. We arrive in Picton at 11.30am and travel to Kaiteriteri – 14 Inlet Road – 2 bedroom unit which sleeps 6. Distance to travel 2 hours 35 mins 192 kms from Picton.
- 11th & 12th March – Westport – 6 Munro Place – 2 bedroom unit which sleeps 6 – Distance to travel is 3 hours 10 mins 232 kms – We have two nights here and I’ve been in touch with Nick my friend and he is organizing a day out exploring the area with one of the destinations being Denniston Mine.
- 13th March – Hokitika – 180 Rolleston Street – 2 bedroom unit which sleeps 6 -Distance to travel is 1 hour 51 mins 137 kms along the way there is loads to see.
- 14th March – Haast – we have booked at Haast River Motels & Holiday Park – Distance to travel is 3 hours 33 mins 275 kms – It’s a big day and lots to see along the way. Lake Matherson is a must.
- 15th – Wanaka – I’ve organised some accommodation. I’ve booked three rooms at this stage, there is a swimming pool & spa, gym and BBQ – distance to travel 1 hour 47 mins 142 kms Another picturesque day with loads to see and some short walks. The blue pools for example. Some interesting places to visit in Wanaka too.
- 16th – Cromwell – 53 Cairnmuir Cres – we will travel over the crown range to Arrowtown then through Queenstown to Glenorchy before we head back through Queenstown to Cromwell for the night the distance will be a good 3 hours driving with many stops along the way. A good sightseeing day.
- 17th – Riverton- We have booked a property in Riverton. distance is 3 hours and that’s going direct so we will decide on the day how we are all feeling it we detour off to visit Manapouri etc.
- 18th & 19th March – On Thursday we will take the ferry across to Stewart Island. We will be staying for 2 nights. We have several attractions booked for this time on the island.
- 20th & 21st March – Catlin’s – we are booked at the Tautuku Forest Cabins for both nights. From there we can go out for day walks to explore the area and the many interesting places to see.
- 22nd to 27th March – Dunedin – 21 Westgate – 3 bedroom home which sleeps 8 – A great opportunity to explore this regions and catch up on some washing or relax before some of you head home. This is when we have a new group arriving for the Alps to Ocean cycle trip.
- 27th – We start the Alps to Ocean cycle trip arriving back in Oamaru on the 1st of April.
- 1st & 2nd April – 34 Ventry Street, Alexandra – 2 bedroom unit which sleeps 6. Alexandra is 2 hours 32 mins 217kms to travel. We will stay in Alexandra for 2 nights
- 3rd 4th & 5th we do the Roxburgh Gorge Trail 34 kms then the Clutha Gold Trail 73kms. I
- 5th April – 34 Ventry Street, Alexandra -2 bedroom unit – We are back to Alexandra for one night before we head North for Cambridge
- 6th April – Lake Tekapo – 6 Andrew Don Drive – 2 bedroom unit sleeps 6 and I’ll have the air bed. If anyone wishes to visit the Mt John Observatory this is a perfect opportunity to do so. Check out the website for more information. There are some really nice hot pools here too. Distance to travel this day is 2 hours 32 mins 224 kms
If anyone wishes to fly home this will be the best time to do it from Christchurch airport and we can drop you off as we travel from Lake Tekapo to Hanmer Springs
- 7th April – Hanmer Springs – 59 Conical Hill Road – 2 bedroom unit sleeps 6. There are some very famous hot pools here so that is a great place to visit. Distance to travel this day is 4 hours 16 min 353 kms
- 8th April – Picton – 4 Newgate Street – 2 bedroom unit sleeps 6. We are not that far from the ferry terminal but it will be an early start as we need to be there at 7am for the sailing at 8am. Distance to travel this day is 4 hours 286 kms
- 9th April – Ferry crossing departs at 8am and arrives in Wellington at 11.30am. We have several options we can drive straight home, some can fly Wellington to Hamilton, or Wellington to Taupo if they wish in the afternoon.
The distance from Wellington to Cambridge is 6 hours 496 kms which is a far distance as we will not be starting until lunchtime. I’m happy to drive it that day but open to suggestions too if others are happy to stop in Taupo.
This gives you all an idea of what is possible. If you have a group and wish to go to an event like a garden tour, music entertainment for eg. but would like me to help organise accommodation, etc and drive you. Then please talk and we can discuss the many options available
Waikato River Trails – Little Waipa to Jones Landing
When: Wednesday 14th April 2021 9.00am Lauriston Park or earlier at a pre-arranged location
About: I will pick you up from your location and transport you to Little Waipa Reserve on the day. This trip is very beautiful along the river but from Arapuni Swingbridge to Jones Landing is a little more challenging so those that wish can stop at this point. Please register your interest.
Price: $20-00 includes Transport of yourself and your bike.
Rotorua Redwoods Nightlights Treewalk
When: Friday 16th April – Departing at 4.30pm from the Cambridge i-site or earlier from a pre-arranged location
About: Travel to Rotorua for dinner at Eat Street – one of Rotorua’s coolest hot spots in the city. At the lake end of Tutanekai Street, you will enjoy quality restaurants, cafés and bars as well as the famous Lady Jane’s Ice Cream Parlour. The covered central walkway with retractable roofing is the focal point for this all-weather alfresco dining area, making it ideal for year-round entertainment. The thermally heated footpath and enhanced lighting gives Eat Street a unique and vibrant dining atmosphere.
Then we will head to The Redwoods Nightlight Treewalk: a Magical 40-minute Nightlights Treewalk. One of New Zealand’s top design-led tourism experiences, Illuminated 700-metre long forest walkway. Features exquisite lanterns by world-renowned designer David Trubridge. Unique evening experience for all ages. The walk is suitable for families and accessible for all who can walk unaided.
Price: $70.00 includes transport and entry to Redwoods. Dinner at your own cost.
When: Monday 19th April – Departing 8.30am from the Cambridge i-site or pick up from a pre-arranged location before 8.30am.
About: Heading to the west coast and out to Kawhia. We will explore this beautiful town and check out the museum before we head south to Marokopa. A long the way we will find a spot to enjoy lunch then our journey home will be via Marokopa falls and the Natural Bridge. There’s a huge amount of history in this area and some very interesting places along the way.
This is a beautiful part of the country.
Please bring your lunch
Price: $40.00 includes all transport
Northland to Cape Reinga
When: Leaving Cambridge on Thursday 29th April 2021 8.30am
Arriving home on the Thursday 6th May 2021
Taranaki Garden Tour
First Tour:Friday 29th October to Monday 1st November
Second Tour: Wednesday 3rd November to 6th November
I’m repeating this tour on the above dates so anyone interested please call Greta 027 2557225 to save your seat as this was extremely popular last year.
More information to follow.
If you’d like to book your place on any of these tours, please don’t hesitate to contact me.